Proper Rebel is the data controller in relation to the personal information we process in connection with our websites (including job applications submitted through our websites) and is primarily responsible for how our website users' personal information is processed. Proper Rebel is the data processor in relation to the personal information we process in connection with our products and services and we process such information only on behalf of and upon the instruction of the relevant customer.
Personal information we collect
We may collect information about individuals who interact with Proper Rebel, including visitors to our websites, our customers as well as their employees or contractors, and others.
How we collect the information
We may collect information about individuals:
- Directly from individuals
- Through our websites
- From customers of our products and services
- From social media services that you connect with through our websites or when using our products or services
- From third-party vendors or business partners
The types of information we may collect includes:
- Contact information (such as name, employer name, and email address)
- Username and password that an individual may select in connection with establishing an account for use of our products and services
- Geolocation information from users of our websites
- For job applicants, information of the type that would be included on a resume, such as work experience, education, and languages spoken
How we use personal information
In this section, we set out the purposes for which we process personal information and identify the legal grounds on which we rely to process the information.
In some cases, Proper Rebel has a legitimate interest to process the personal information that we collect, such as supporting our recruitment activities, administering our products and services (including supporting, communicating about, and analyzing the use of our products and services), establish and maintain customer accounts, and operate, evaluate, and improve our business, our websites, and other products and services we offer (including research and development of new products and services), or facilitate a sale of assets or merger or acquisition.
In other cases, Proper Rebel processes personal information to fulfill our contracts with our customers and provide the requested products and services.
Proper Rebel may also process personal information with individuals' consent, for which individuals will receive notice at the time of collection.
In limited situations, it may be necessary for Proper Rebel to process personal information in order to comply with our legal obligations, such as to protect against, identify, investigate, and respond to fraud, illegal activity (such as incidents of hacking or misuse of our websites, products or services), claims and other liabilities, including by enforcing the terms and conditions that govern the services we provide.
We may also aggregate and/or de-identify any information that we collect, such that the information no longer identifies any specific individual. We may use, disclose, and otherwise process such information for our own legitimate business purposes – including historical and statistical analysis as well as business planning – without restriction.
How we share personal information
We may share personal information with:
- Customer service and support providers
- Technology providers (including technology support, central reservation system providers, email and web hosting providers, and email communications providers)
- Analytics organizations
In addition, we may share personal information to comply with legal and regulatory requirements to protect against and prevent fraud or illegal activity, (such as identifying and responding to incidents of hacking or misuse of our websites, products or services), claims, and other liabilities.
Cookies and other information collected by automated means
We, our service providers, and our business partners may collect certain information about the use of our website by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons, and other technologies.
A "cookie" is a text file that websites send to a visitor‘s computer or other Internet-connected devices to uniquely identify the visitor's browser or store information or settings in the browser. Please see our Cookies Policy for further information. A "web beacon," also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag, or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. We, and our service providers and business partners, may collect information about individuals' online activities over time and across third-party websites when an individual uses our website.
The information that may be collected by automated means includes:
- Details about the devices that are used to access our websites (such as IP address, operating system, and web browser)
- Location information, for example, of a mobile device accessing our websites
- Dates and times of visits to, and use of, our websites
- Information about how our websites are used (such as the content that is viewed on our websites and how users navigate between our web pages)
- URLs that refer visitors to our website
- Search terms used to reach our websites
- Web browsers may offer users of our websites the ability to disable certain types of cookies; however, if cookies are disabled, some features or functionality of our websites may not function correctly.
Some of the business partners that collect information about users' activities on our websites may be members of organizations or programs that provide choices to individuals regarding the use of their browsing behavior for purposes of targeted advertising. For example, users may opt-out of receiving targeted advertising on websites through members of the Network Advertising Initiative or the Digital Advertising Alliance. European users may opt-out of receiving targeted advertising on websites through members of the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance , selecting the user's country, and then clicking "Choices" (or similarly-titled link). Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms and may not participate in the opt-out mechanisms that we linked above.
Because there is not yet a consensus on how companies should respond to web browser-based do-not-track ("DNT") mechanisms, we do not respond to web browser-based DNT signals at this time.
Our retention periods for personal information are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal information for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the information was collected, and any other permissible related purpose. When we no longer need the personal information we collect, we either irreversibly anonymize the information (in which case, we may further retain and use the anonymized information) or securely destroy the information.
Privacy preferences, rights, and choices
Individuals have certain rights and may make certain choices regarding Proper Rebel's processing of their personal information. Please note that if the exercise of these rights limits our ability to process personal information, we may be precluded from providing our products or services to individuals who exercise these rights, or from otherwise engaging with such individuals going forward.
We reserve the right to verify the identity of the individual in connection with any requests regarding personal information to help ensure that we provide the information to individuals to whom the information pertains and allow only those individuals or their authorized representatives to exercise rights with respect to that information.
You can make choices about Proper Rebel's collection and use of your data. How you can access or control your personal data will depend on which Sites or Services you use.
Your communication preferences.
- You can choose whether to receive promotional email, text messages, telephone calls and/or postal mail from Proper Rebel.
- To manage your available communication preferences:
- Follow the instructions included in a promotional email from us to unsubscribe.
- Send us a message to the email or postal address, including your name, email address and specific, relevant information about the communications you no longer wish to receive.
- General objections to the processing of personal information: To the extent provided by applicable law, individuals may withdraw any consent previously provided to us or object at any time on legitimate grounds, to the processing of their personal information. We will apply these preferences going forward. In some circumstances, withdrawing consent to Proper Rebel's use or disclosure of personal information may mean that Proper Rebel will no longer be able to provide certain products or services to individuals who withdraw consent.
Access to personal information
Individuals may request access to the personal information Proper Rebel maintains about them. If we grant this request, we will provide the individual with a copy of the personal information we maintain about them in the ordinary course of business, in a commonly used format. Individuals may request to correct any errors in their personal information. We may reject such requests to access or correct personal information, as permitted by applicable law. If we reject such requests, we will notify the requester of the reason(s) for the rejection.
Deletion of personal information
Individuals may request that we delete their personal information. We may reject such requests, as permitted by applicable law. If we reject such a request, we will notify the requester of the reason(s) for the rejection.
Individuals may unsubscribe from receiving marketing or other commercial emails from Proper Rebel by following the instructions included in the email or by contacting Proper Rebel using the contact information below. However, even if an individual opts out of receiving such communications, we retain the right to send them non-marketing communications (such as changes in our website terms).
How we protect personal information
Proper Rebel maintains reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we maintain against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use. However, we cannot guarantee that the measures we maintain will ensure the security of personal information.
Links to websites and third-party content
We may provide links to websites and other third-party content that are not owned or operated by Proper Rebel. The websites and third-party content to which we link may have separate privacy notices or policies. Proper Rebel is not responsible for the privacy practices of any entity that it does not own or control.
Your California Privacy Rights
This section provides information regarding Californian residents' rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). The CCPA provides rights to California consumers to be notified about the collection, use and sale of their personal information, their right to request access to their personal information, request to opt out of the sale of personal information, request for deletion of personal information and the right to non-discrimination for exercising these rights.
You have a right to know about personal information Proper Rebel has collected, used, or disclosed about you in the last 12 months.
We do not sell personal information.
You may exercise your rights allowed to you under the CCPA by completing and submitting this form here or by emailing to email@example.com. We may ask you to verify your identity prior to us fulfilling your request.
Proper Rebel will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under CCPA. Specifically, we will not:
- Deny access to our services
- Charge a different rate for the use of our services; or
- Provide a different quality of product or service
How to contact us
Proper Rebel, Inc.
PO Box 475595
San Francisco, CA 94147
Proper Rebel Cookies Policy
Effective date: March 1, 2022.
Consent & Cookie Settings
Customize your cookie settings by going to your web browser's Preference Center, typically under "Privacy and Security".
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information that are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating web domain on your subsequent visits to that domain. Most web pages contain elements from multiple web domains so when you visit the website, your browser may receive cookies from several sources.
Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user's device. Cookies allow you to navigate between pages efficiently, remember preferences and generally improve the user experience. They can also be used to tailor advertising to your interests through tracking your browsing across websites.
Session cookies are deleted automatically when you close your browser and persistent cookies remain on your device after the browser is closed (for example to remember your user preferences when you return to the site).
What types of cookies does Proper Rebel use?
The categories of cookies Proper Rebel and its service providers or business partners use are available at the Cookie Preference Center. You can customize your cookie settings there.
Furthermore, some parties that set cookies via our site may offer the ability to opt-out of cookies via the Network Advertising Initiative's consumer opt-out tool, the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance's consumer opt-out tool, or the Digital Advertising Alliance's Consumer Choice Page.
Cookies Policy does not cover third-party websites
Please note that this Cookies Policy does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, the cookie practices of third-party websites which may be linked to this Website.
Changes to the Cookies Policy
We may update this Cookies Policy and we encourage you to review the policy from time to time to stay informed of how we are using cookies.
Notifying goproperrebel.com of copyright infringement:
Summary of the Process
The notification process outlined here is consistent with the process suggested by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the text of which can be found at the U.S. Copyright Office Web Site. Here is a summary of the process:
If anyone believes that material on the Proper Rebel website infringes their copyright, that person may send us a written notice as described below. We will attempt to remove or disable the allegedly infringing material.
First Things First
Only copyright owners can report a suspected infringement to us. If you are not the copyright owner (or the authorized representative of the owner) you cannot report a suspected infringement to us. If you believe that any content on a website infringes another party's copyright, you should advise the copyright owner directly. Please note that you may be liable for damages, including court costs and attorneys' fees, if you materially misrepresent that content on a website is copyright infringing. When in doubt, you should consult an attorney. In any event, if you believe your copyrights are being infringed, we strongly urge you to contact the user directly.
Putting Your Notice Together
We need your help finding the infringing content and we need to be sure that we are doing the right thing by removing the content. We therefore require the below details in your notice:
- Your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address.
- Sufficient detail about the copyrighted work.
- The URL or other specific location on our websites that contains the material that you claim infringes your copyright.
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (i.e. "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above as allegedly infringing is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.").
- A statement by you that the information contained in your notice is accurate and that you attest under the penalty of perjury that you are the copyright owner or that you are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf (i.e. "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.").
- An electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or a person authorized to act on the owner's behalf.
Where to Send Your Notice:
Atn: Legal Department
PO Box 475595
San Francisco, CA 94147
How will we respond?
After we receive a proper written notice, we will expeditiously remove or disable the allegedly infringing content, regardless of the nature of the copyright (a post, a webpage, or an application, for example). We will document those alleged infringements on which we act.